Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Time

Summer is official here! The temps have been high these last few weeks. However this week it has been in the 80s which has been amazing. Much has been happening in our family. Too much to share here but I do want to try to spend this next month attempting to record our simple day to day happenings. Too many times I record what the big exciting moments are for our family but there can be simple enjoyments in our everyday lives.


Today, I spent time making Mom Mac's delicious cinnamon rolls. I was halfway through putting the ingredients in the mixer when I read how much flour I needed to add to this recipe. It called for 10 cups. That was going to make a lot of cinnamon rolls. It took over 4 hours of making, rising and baking. Mid-afternoon we were able to enjoy the sweet and tasty rolls. It made 24 small ones and 12 extra large rolls. We thought they were even better than Cinnabon. With our surplus of cinnamon rolls we decided to make a fun family trip to some friend's homes and deliver some of our tasty treat. We all crammed into our smaller vehicle, rolled the windows down, opened the sunroof and blasted the radio. The kids simply enjoyed it. They loved how the wind blew through their hair. One of C's famous saying, "This is the BEST family adventure!". I love to hear her use that word in describing her feelings about something that seems so simple to me. Her saying it makes me believe that it truly is the BEST.

No comments: