Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Activities


                               
  Don't you just love her face?!?

Trying to figure out how to keep the kiddos busy can be quite a task. Luckily through spending some time on Pinterest I can find ideas that are simple and cheap to do with the kids. One idea I found was putting an ivory soap bar in the microwave for 1 minute on high power. The kids stared intently for the whole minute. The first 10 seconds nothing was happening and I began to worry because I thought what would happen if this exploded in the microwave while my kids were standing so close. After the first 10 seconds it began to expand the way that I thought it should. The kids thought it was so cool. I wanted them to have a chance to feel the texture and explore it. Sure enough a mess was made and they spent a good hour on playing with it. C decided to put water in her bowl and thought it felt a lot like shaving cream. She loves to make concoctions. We also experimented with cornstarch and water. With the right combination of both it can be a solid and a liquid. If you touch it in a bowl it is hard but if you hold it in your hand it melts. Another favorite activity the kids enjoyed.

No comments: