

C: She finished preschool at the end of May. There were themes for every day and she came home with a handful of papers and crafts. It was held at the Avon High School. There were 12 students in the group and 7 of the kids were members from our church. She also had the chance to spend the night at Grandma's house without any of her immediate family while her Ripplinger cousins were visiting.


E: He finished his preschool at the end of May as well. I rotated with 4 other moms once a week. Our main teachings were the numbers 1-10 and shapes. It was so fun to see him interact with the four other kids in the group. He recently had a checkup at the Doctor. He is such a "grown-up" little boy.
Height: 3' 3.5"
Weight: 35.8 lbs

Em: Honestly, she is the happiest baby I know. Her little smile could light up a room. She
is such a sweet and simple baby. She adores her whole family. She is beginning to say "da, da". Her favorite toy right now is a duck that is easy to grab and put in her mouth. No teeth yet, but has some swollen gums. I have started her more on solids. She has had banana, carrots and green beans. She can't quite roll over, but loves to roll from side to side when she is on her back. Also, she is getting really good at sitting up and on her own as long as I am close by her.
Height: 26"
Weight: 16.5 lbs

Mom: I get the privilege to be the mom to three wonderful children and a terrific husband. At the beginning of the month I celebrated my 30th birthday. It wasn't anything fabulous, but I did get to spend it with people I love. We enjoyed some pizza and ice cream cake. I have a new calling in church. I am assigned to teach the Sr. Nursery. I really LOVE it. It is tiring by the days end on Sunday, but it is fun to be with the group of kids I am with and the teacher that co-teaches with me. The group actually consists of E, the four kids from his preschool group and a few others. It is amazing to me how much each of them listen and participate in all the doings of the two hours we are together. I decided to take on one project for the summer before the move. We (a group of moms) are putting together a quiet book. Each mom is responsible for one page and will make enough of that page for each mom in the group. My idea looks and sounds great in my head. Hopefully I will be able to really get it to be that way when I am done. I will be sure to share a picture in a later post.



Dad: He is still jugging along. He has such a crazy changing schedule. I am glad that he is able to stay on top of it all. It has been nice to have him home more days of the week for the summer. He completed his student teaching and accepted his first teaching assignment. He will be working for a charter school (which is new territory for both of us). He is still unsure of what classes he will be teaching, but knows that most of it will revolve around a program known as PROJECT LED THE WAY.
At the end of May, the Ripplinger family came down from Michigan for a visit. My kids love when cousins come to play. Our adventures while they were here included a trip to the zoo (splash park), playground, running around, movie watching and a few meals together. The grown-ups even took the opportunity to go out for dinner one night, which was a special treat. Mom Mac has been busy traveling most months of this year.
These are the words of what the kids thought or remembered happened in May. The bold, italicized words are their exact words.
C: Preschool was great. Some of the things I learned were bedtime, pajamas, and movies. We made crafts that included kites, bottled fish, and a dinosaur puppet. My favorite day was when we learned about flowers because we went outside and picked flowers.
My cousins came to visit in the middle of May. We played on the playground, at the water park and rode my first roller coaster. It was so cool.
I love hearts. HaHa!
E: I drink chocolate milk with my cousin, Adam.
What I learned this month: All my experiences (good or bad; hard or easy; happy or sad) I have had so far have been for my benefit, strength, and growth. I hope that each day I am a better person than I was the day before and one day closer to becoming as my Savior is.
1 comment:
Cute photos. I love that our kids are able to make some memories together. Good luck with the move! We have just a couple days before ours!!!
Post a Comment