Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Showers Indeed



This month has brought about many April showers. On average it has been a cooler Spring. But there has been a fair share of warmer ones that we have enjoyed outside playing, running and laughing.

At the beginning of the month, my Mom took the two oldest to watch of the weekend. Steve and I (and the baby) enjoyed sometime, eating, talking and being undisturbed by the needs and wants of the older two. It was a nice little break.

C started a 2 day/week for 8 weeks preschool offered at the local High School. It is a class for the high schoolers to work with kids her age. She loves it! I had no worries about dropping her off on her first day, because in general she is very good at experiencing new things with ease. Each time they have a theme and snack. There is also a small playground attached to the high school where they play outside. She loves to write and try spelling new words. Just the other day she wrote a small story putting in all the words she already knew how to spell.


E still has his rotation preschool on Fridays for a couple more weeks in May. It has been nice to have something especially for him. He is at such a fun stage. Just yesterday, I thought I would say some random, ordinary statement (i.e. The grass is green) and then follow it with a laugh to see if he would laugh. Sure enough, he did. His laugh is quite contagious.

Em has reached her 5 month mark. Her cheeks are more fuller and she has begun to develop some baby rolls. Her smile is contagious as well. She is such a happy baby, who adores the attention from her brother and sister. She is not sleeping through the night yet, but it has not been too bad of a thing for me. She is a good napper in the day and usually goes right to sleep after I feed her in the night. She constantly coos and is starting to recognize that her hands can do more. Because she has older siblings, she is rarely on her back flat, but I know that she would love to keep trying to turn over. This is the first time that I have been able to nurse only without supplementing with formula. It is nice to be able to continue with it. There are days where I seem depleted, but I keep pushing forward.

S has been overwhelmingly busy. He just completed his student teaching experience at Arsenal Tech. He has been given the opportunity to get more experience at another IPS school. He will be working in a Special Education classroom. A couple weeks ago, he had the chance to attend a Teacher Interview day. He did a little networking and had 4 interviews. He (we) is hoping that something will come of all this. I know that he can/will do some great things when he is able to begin "really" teaching.


I am hesitant to put my paragraph, simply because I feel that most of my days are spent being a mom (not that being a mom is any small task). So my days are filled with caring for children, cleaning house, entertaining, you know the list goes on. I have learned (reminded) this month that I truly LOVE being a mom and able to stay home. I love the opportunity to truly see my children in the good, the bad and the ugly. I read an article in the Ensign, (http://lds.org/magazine?lang=eng ) about preparing Missionaries to be emotionally prepared for a mission. It made me think about my responsibilities as a mother to be preparing all my children NOW. I realized I have some work to do. I hope that overall my children can gain a testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ and come to know him as their brother and friend.

Also, I was called to be one of Senior Nursery Leaders. The other Sister who was called a baby who is exactly a week older than mine and three other children. It has been an interesting couple of weeks figuring out how to care for our babies while taking care of 8-9 regularly attending 2-3 year olds. We are glad to have the opportunity to serve together in this calling.

We enjoyed a simple Easter this year. We were all under the weather for the entire weekend, but were able to have a fun Easter hunt that Friday and enjoy a low-key meal on Sunday after church. I had the opportunity to sing "Beautiful Savior" in the ward choir. I am grateful for the ATONEMENT. I know the SAVIOR LIVES! We have some fun days ahead as the latter spring and summer days approach. May we cherish them ALL.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

We love Buzz Lightyear! That photo is classic :)

Maggie said...

Those Easter treats look fun to make and eat! What did you use for the beaks? (starbursts cut in half?)