Sunday, December 14, 2008

More Thanksgiving





We spent our Thanksgiving in Oklahoma City with my Mom's family. We traveled there at night and I couldn't sleep a wink, so I made sure my parents stayed awake on the rode, by talking with them. As most of you know, I never run out of things to talk about. :) We arrived early Thanksgiving morning. We were able to get a few hours sleep before the big feast. There were 33 in attendance at my Aunt's home. It was a wonderful meal and good company. Friday we made our way to an activity down by the Oklahoma River. It ended up being to cold for us, so we all made our way to dinner at Cimmaron, a Steak House. Saturday we spent at a movie and enjoyed time at the house, spending time together. I went to Twilight with my husband, uncle and grandpa. My Grandma and Mother and Papaw H, managed to take all the kids to Bolt. Sunday was spent at church and then again relaxing with the family. We celebrated S's birthday. We enjoyed a delicious spaghetti dinner and delicious German Chocolate cake. YUM! Then the long trip home on Monday morning. As we made it to the Terre Haute area we were stuck in traffic due to the many slide offs. Gotta love the winter weather.

1 comment:

Dot said...

Juli! What cute kids you guys have! Eli is growing so nicely :) Glad you guys made it back home safely amid all the cars sliding! I think you guys should come to South Carolina for Christmas! Seriously! (We're having temps in the mid to upper 70's this week!...it's beautiful!) We miss you guys! Hope all is well there for everyone! Love you!
Dorothy and all