I just completed my third week of being on bedrest. Three weeks ago I was placed on limited bedrest and then a week later I was told I needed to be on full bedrest. My body likes to prepare itself for the arrival of child earlier than needed. A month before C was born the same thing happened. Who knows if this will be the case each time?! There was concern when being measured at my last appointment in Richmond, that the baby wasn't growing. So the doctor did an ultrasound. S came with me to this visit. While the doctor was doing some measurements, S asked if while he was there, if he could tell us what we were going to have. IT'S A BOY.....we hope!!!. We both questioned the doctor knowing our history of our families being filled with girls. We will confirm it the day the baby arrives. The size of the baby is fine, he just happens to be head down and ready to go, so it makes measuring a little more difficult (along with walking for me).
I shouldn't complain, however. I have been well cared for. My in-laws have been real helpful with making meals and caring for most of C's needs. When they are away visiting a daughter, my sweet mom has been kind enough to take days off at work to be here with C and I during the day. We have been blessed. I have really enjoyed the visits with my MOM. It has been some wonderful bonding time. There is something special about getting to know your parents, when you are an adult. Throughout the day, my mom and I working on scrapbooking (Cali works on her scissor skills and making pictures). I was able to do scrapbooking as well when I was on bedrest with C. It is a nice reason to get caught up for the most part.
My friend, Est and her husband, Jar stopped by for a short visit. It was good to see them both. She was kind enough to bring the first to books of the Twilight series. I have made it through the first one and have started the second. I will more than likely be like many others who just can't stop reading them.
S is enjoying his new job. Which makes me happy. He is able to come home for lunch any day, but usually comes home once or twice a week so that breaks up my day for me. S and Mom Mac made their way back to our home, to get things cleaned up and squared away, to ready it for a sell. We had some amazing fun times, in just one short year, but know that there is so much ahead for us now. We will dearly miss our friends we have made but look forward to the friends that we will make here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment