
Since we moved during Em's ninth month, I was unable to get her to the doctor. So I took her in at 10 months.
Her stats
21 lbs
28 inches long
So sweet
We are settling in well. I really enjoy where we are located. It is nice to be close to a lot of activity. The two youngest and I have been meeting with a group of moms and preschoolers for lunch and play at the park once a week.
C is loving Kindergarten still. In fact, most days she will come home and play "school" with her brother for 2-3 hours. She has been trying her hand at writing. Although she doesn't spell most words correctly she sure does her best at sounding out the words. Recently she was able to bring her library book home. I think she loves the fact that she gets to pick out her own book and have it be her for awhile.
E is always on the go. He insist on being awake to see his sister get on the bus and is non-stop throughout the day. I have attempted to get him to take a nap in the afternoon. He usually gets about 2-3 naps a week. He loves to build with his legos, play with play-do, watch Clifford and Caillou. He is especially glad when his sister comes home to have someone else to play with him.
Em has reached 10 months. She has hit some milestones recently. She has started eating finger foods. She is army crawling really well and trying hard to crawl normally. She really gets around. Her favorite thing is to be around her brother and sister. Even if she can't do what they are doing, she gets so excited just being in the same room close to them. She is also a jabberer. One day when I was on the phone with my mom, I put it up to her ear and she just went on and on. She says "dada" and an occasional "mama". She loves to give very slobbery kisses.
We went to the Anderson Orchard this past month on a gorgeous fall day and bought an half bushel. I still have half a bag left and have been making apple recipes constantly. I have made pie fillings, chunky apple muffins, apple dumplings and eating them plain.
The mall that we live close to has an activity (stories, craft and snacks) twice a month. This month was our first. On the first visit there was a man dressed as a pumpkin who read stories about the fall. The kids made a leaf wreath and there was even face painting. The last one a gentleman came and showed the kids a lot of different animals (skink, rats, spider, alligator, etc.). E refused to touch any, but Em and C were willing to pet them.
The 3 MOST ADORABLE KIDDOS
Her first finger foods: peaches and carrots
Painted faces
While the kids were playing school, they thought Em needed to be involve as well. She didn't seem to mind one bit.
One day I was taking a shower and the kids were under the care of their dad. When I came out, I noticed Em had a big mark on her cheek. As I looked closer it was in the shape of one of E's lego pieces. Sure enough, she had fallen from sitting position onto a lego and had the mark for a few days.
1 comment:
Such cute kids! Poor Em with her lego bruise. :) I'm glad you're enjoying your new location! And having other moms to do play dates with always helps.
Post a Comment