Friday, May 2, 2008

Yes, No, Yes, No

I remember the first time that she responded to a question with a yes/no response. It was so fun to see that she was moving on to another language stage. Now, she has reached the age of 2, her vocabulary bank is ever increasing. Each day she says more and more words. Yet, there still seems to be this amazing language barrier. For example, she requests some milk, I fix it, hand it to her and next thing I know she is throwing a fit. So she requests some juice, I fix it, hand it to her, followed by another fit. "What is it that she really wants?" WHO KNOWS!!! I simply seek for patience and understanding, and we move on with the next few trials. Do I final figure it out? I don't know. I just keep trying! What other way is she going to learn, other than through these experiences. (Or is it me that is learning?)


1 comment:

Maggie said...

It's fun to have a "heads up" of what Raquel might be doing in a couple of months, since she's just months younger than Cali. This two-year-old stage is the beginning of the leap into independence, right? Raquel has started to roll her eyes at me more often, among other things. It is pretty funny.