Movie Time: Em loves to do what her two older siblings are doing and couldn't have popcorn so she is enjoying some puffs.


Lowe's workshop: Building a monster mix-up toy





Lake Michigan Beach
Funny Faces
I love these "potato-head" pieces, makes for no mess and you can use the pumpkin when you are done.


A witch, a cutie pie, and Buzz Lightyear
The Loot
October has seemed like a really long, short month to me. If that makes any sense at all. The weather was so delightfully perfect the first part and we enjoyed a day trip to the beach. It is nice to be so close. S hadn't been yet since we moved here. C was sick at the beginning and shortly after the two youngest became sick with strep.
I tried to wean Em from nursing. I wanted to be able to sleep through the night and it just was not happening. She did well a week before she had strep but went back full time, because she needed to be comforted more. After her strep was gone, she went cold turkey on the bottle and has been sleeping beautifully through the night. I seem like such a different person. It is nice to have normal energy back.
Mid-October, we headed down to Indy for S's fall break (It is one of the perks of being a teacher-nice vacation time). The kids and S stayed with Mom Mac and I headed down to Cincy with my mom to stay at my sister's house for the night. That Saturday we went to Time Out for Women. I always enjoy the spiritual uplift after attending. There were many great speakers and the music was wonderful as well. We have moved a bit in our married life, (my life period-teenage on) and along the way have made a tremendous amount of friendships/relationships (one of the many reasons I love about church). While attending Time Out for Women, I was able to catch up with some of those friends.
Then there is Halloween. It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but a fun one at that. We enjoyed a birthday party with smores and a dinner with some new friends. We missed (were late) the Trunk or Treat, but the kids were able to score the remaining candy and someone gave them each a cute little pumpkin. On Halloween, I decided to try the Mall trick or treating. What a great way to do it. It was indoor (plus) and over 80 stores participated (plus). It took us an hour and we were home in time for a Halloween themed dinner and a little bit of candy. ;)
LIFE IS MARVELOUS!
No comments:
Post a Comment