Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Cookies
It is much easier to tell the story than write. I can use more expression with talking than writing but I know I need to write the story down for journaling sake. I came home the other day to a plate of cookies on the counter. Before taking one, I was distracted by one of the two kiddos. When returning to the plate, my mother-in-law stopped me and said let me tell you about those cookies. I tried it before hearing the story. Supposedly my mother-in-law had come into the kitchen while C was "making cookies". She let her finish and helped add more flour so the cookies would bake. The 3 main ingredients C added included root beer syrup, garlic and 1 cup of baking powder. So you could imagine. Bluhhhh! I asked C about her cookie making experience and she said that they tasted horrible. My father-in-law also tried the cookies. He was not aware that C had made them. He proceeded to tell my mother-in-law the following day, "You know those cookies?" "Yeah, they weren't so good!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom was telling me about C's baking experiences. What an independent girl! Poor Grandpa ;)Maybe she'll figure out that you need the right set of ingredients for the cookies to taste right :)
Oh....that is hilarious! :) Definitely a journal entry! How exciting C wants to bake! :) I love how Grandma helped her complete her baking experience. She is so awesome...so good with kids. I LOVE Grandpa's part of the story too...that is just like him...so understated and so genuine, so kind in his delivery. Got to love it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment